For taking admission in animation college there is no hard & fast rule of any percentage in your class 12th. For doing animation course, you can just pass your class 12th from any stream either it is science, commerce or stream from any recognized board. Some institutes may require you to secure at least 50% marks in order to get admission in these courses.
Animation College. Admission process for doing Animation Course
Admission to the animation courses is on the bases of your completion of class 12th. Few colleges also have their own cut off list for the admission process.
Animation College. Career options in an Animation Field
After Doing a course in animation, there are various multimedia & animation companies where one can apply for jobs. Some of the popular job roles for graduates with animation degree are:
- Web Designers
- Game Designer
- Flash Animator
- Video Game Designer
- Art Director
- Film & Video Editor
- VFX Supervisor
- Layout Artist
- Background Artist
Skills required for Animation Courses
- Imagination skills
- Drawing skills
- Computer & Software knowledge
- Good color sense
- Good communication skills
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to understand customers needs & tried to work according to them.
- Work as a part of a team.
- Passion & attention to detail.
Pros & cons for an Animator
Like any industry, animation & gaming has pros & cons that need to be considered before choosing to begin a career.
- Animators usually earn decent pay
- They can constantly hone their craft by engaging with different projects.
- They have the opportunity to become renowned for work
- They can get in touch, work with and learn from industry leaders.
- They may have work flexibility.
- Rigorous deadlines
- Working according to rules & demands
- Consistent meticulous attention to detail & patience.
- Being up-to-date with the dynamic & fast changing animation technologies.